Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Psalm of Youth

I'm glad that I have chosen
to serve God in my youth,
I'm glad to know a little
of his perfect way and truth;
I know I've chosen wisely
and never will be sorry.
For giving up the things of time
Earths honor, praise and glory


I see so many young folks
who spend there life in vain
They do not understand the things
that I have pleasure in;
their lives they idly spend,
They seek for earthly pleasures vain
and things that soon must end...


I'm sorry for these young folks
now I'll tell you why,
If they keep on going like that
then when they come to die;
They'll have to face the very God
by whom their lives were given;
They'll have no treasures stored away
and no reward in heaven...


We all must die- the call of death
comes sometimes to the young,
It takes the frail, weak creatures
it also takes the strong:
But if we serve him every day
keep faithful, true and steady,
Live every day as though our last
then death will find us ready.





This is a poem I ran across today. I love it.

No comments:

Where People Are Coming From