Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm not good at good bye.

I found this poem today. My little guy is leaving me in two weeks. He's going to NY! I guess I didn't realize how much I loved having him here. I'm going to miss him so very much. I have NEVER loved a child so much in my entire life. I know it is nothing compared to the love a mother/father has for their child. But for me this is the deepest love I've ever had for a little life. I'm going to cherish these last couple weeks, and make every moment I have left with him count. Every time I think of him leaving, I can't help but get a bit teary eyed...well that might be an understatement. This poem pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. I just can't even express how much I'm going to miss him. Miss his silly little laughs, miss it when he copies me , miss it when he gets that HUGE smile on his face when I sneak up behind him and swing him into the air. These will be memories I keep with me forever. And I know he won't remember me. But I will always remember him. He has taught me so much. How to be a bit more patient. That making a mess is definitely worth the time it takes to clean it up. I'm so glad I got to be a part of his life this last year, and that he has been a part of mine. I hope I've made even a fraction of the impact on his life as he has had on mine. This part of the job is hard, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

No comments:

Where People Are Coming From